Mr.Trash's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Trash

Jul 7, 2018
Not entirely sure what happened with the website as two of my previous posts vanished but I will be redoing this app due to it's disappearance.

General Information
How old are you?:
What is your in game name and rank?:
Mr.Trash/Member
What is your Steam id and Steam name?:
STEAM_1:1:55304545/Trash but for the easiest way to find me it would be ivanh789
Time zone and days you are available. :
EST/Most days during this summer except for the last two weeks of August, then I can only do weekends.
How much time can you dedicate to the server daily?
Minimum 2 hours but depending on the day I can go way past that.
Communication
Do you have a working microphone which you can communicate with others?:
I do.
Do you have Discord? If not are you willing to download it to communicate with the staff and community?:
I have Discord.
Rate your communication skills with players, 1 out of 10, and EXPLAIN. :
I would give myself a solid 8/10 on communication due to the fact that I have a subtle accent when I speak and at times people seem to have trouble understanding it. If that happens to be the case I do not mind switching over to a keyboard as I can type pretty fast and it is really no inconvenience. I would say my ability to empathize with players and be able to associate with them allows them to speak to me with a bit more ease which allows for assertive communication for all parties involved.

Server Questions
How long have you been playing on the server?:
Starting on my third week which I have played on and off and I am not sure how many hours but it has definitely been a very good amount.
Have you donated to the server? If so include what you donated for. :
I have not as earning money as a 16 year old is a struggle with how jobs are now a days but as soon as funds start to come in I will happily donate.
What is something you personally would like to achieve on the server?:
Previously when I originally posted my application it was to get the perfect amphetamine formula as I struggled to get it above 97% but since then I got to 99% and I don't think it is possible for me to get any higher. My next goal could be either mastering that formula everyday it changes or perfecting my photography career that I started on the server which sadly the media post is now gone but I still very much enjoyed the experience.
What is more important, the Administrators or the players? EXPLAIN your decision. :
The players without a doubt. I understand the argument that without Administrators the server would fall apart and I absolutely believe that, I have witnessed too many RDMs and such to think otherwise. I believe that Administrators should be players as well as Administrators. The point of DarkRP is to RP and while a Staff member on Duty is necessary, maybe join in on the RP when there are only five people on so everyone enjoys their time.
What is your favorite part of the server?:
The players who take the time to meet new people and make new friends. I joined the server to introduce my friend to the DarkRP game mode and since then I have meet so many new players that I would consider friends which sounds a little cliche but it is the truth. The other day I was getting raided and I successfully defended my base and suddenly a guy comes in saying that he is a fan of how I built it and he would love to join me if he could just improve on the base a bit and he actually did! Interactions like that are awesome and it definitely shows why it is my favorite part of the server.

In-Depth Questions
What rank are you applying for?
Have you applied for this rank before?:
Technically but the application vanished so I am reapplying.
Why do you want to be a staff member? Explain in 150 words or more. :
I want to be a staff member because I genuinely enjoy the server and want to see it perform at it’s best. I also feel as if I have a really good knowledge of the rules and I want to put it to work at the moderator level as I constantly do so already as a member of the community. Not only that I have experienced so many players who are new to the DarkRP mode or just new to Garry’s Mod and I very much enjoy helping them get used to the server and I would love to continue doing that but hopefully next time as a moderator. The best thing I can provide the server is the assurance that although I will take the moderator position seriously I will not lose my ability to just be a player because I think that continuing to be a player will make me overall more understanding and empathetic which is what I think a staff member should be.
Why do you deserve this rank?:
I am of the personal mindset that no one deserves anything and entitlement is something that truly annoys me but I think that if the qualities you guys can see in this application deem me worthy of a position in the staff then I would happily be apart of it.
What makes you different than the other staff members currently on the server?:
The thing that I think all staff members have in common is that they want the server to thrive and succeed and I love that and that is my mindset already as a player. I think the fact that I will work to continue my identity as a player is what separates me from the rest of the staff. I will of course if accepted into the role of a moderator do my job correctly and work my hardest to maintain it but I do think that continuing to be a player is important as even as the staff are not made better purely because they are staff, they should see themselves as equals to the players and earn their respect.
Name three values do you think a staff member should possess and EXPLAIN. :
Patience: I understand that some players are a bit young but being able to be patient with everyone involved in a sit is something that I think is necessary unless of course someone is there to blatantly not RP, at that point I can understand getting a little annoyed.
Dedication: Sits should not be rushed, I think the a staff member should be dedicated to making sure both parties get what is fair after determining such a thing after a sit. Obviously you can't keep everyone happy but trying to is what is important in a staff member.
Responsibility: Staff members should be allowed to make mistakes but what should separate them from most is the ability to admit to them and learn from them.

What can you contribute to the server?:
Time and effort seem a little obvious but it is the truth. I would say the best thing I can contribute to the server is the assurance that I will be a player as well as an administrator and I will try my absolute hardest to try and do my job efficiently and correctly while still having a good time.
Why should you be chosen over another applicant?:
I think that is for the reviewer of the application to decide but I find it necessary to acknowledge that I do not think I am better than anyone in anyway. If the person reading this reads my application and thinks that I possess all the qualities they need in a staff member then I would say that is why I would be chosen over another applicant.
Can you name the main body of the staff team? Include Owners, Managers, Super Admins, Admins and Mods.
These are the people I can name off the top of my head from either seeing them in game or reading the forums.
Diablo, Mason, Bruticus, CCS, Wulfyz, Ducktective, Lummo, Mango, Liberal and Loobie.

Important Information
List your recommendations from the staff team:
I do not have any as I did not think bothering the staff for recommendations was wise.
What experience with moderating a server have you had in the past? EXPLAIN in detail. :
I previously moderated on a DarkRP server named AspireRP ( I have the website if need be) which has since shut down. That was three years ago though and if I was accepted to be an Admin as a thirteen year old then I think I can do an even better job now.
How familiar are you with the commands needed to be used to moderate on the server?:
ULX I am fairly familiar with, I think I still even have some keybinds from back in the day. Aspire used blogs so I am familiar with that, I am not sure what Sinful uses.
Required Questions
Do you agree to follow all rules on the server while being a moderator, and enforce them when necessary?:
Absolutely.
Are you able to contribute enough time to the Sinful RP Servers, Forums, and Discord?:
Absolutely.
Are you able to help anyone who is in need of assistance while on the server or forums?:
Absolutely.
Do you agree not to ask a staff member to review your application, to accept or deny your application, and/or to give you unfair advantages?:
Absolutely.

Optional
Include any extra details you would like to mention.
The reason why I am missing the last two weeks of August are due to the fact I am apart of my schools marching band which sounds super nerdy but I love what I do and figured I might as well give a little information.

Status
Not open for further replies.