- 17 years old
What is your in-game name and rank?:
- Liberal Tears
What are your Steam id and Steam name?:
- Liberal tears
- STEAM_1:0:54208984
Time zone and days you are available. :
- Central Time (CT)
- Available most days in the evening times ( ~3:00 PM - ~12:00 AM)
How much time can you dedicate to the server daily?
- On a regular day, I can devote around 4-5 hours of time to the server a day. However, on weekends or other days where I have nothing else to do, I can play longer.

Communication
Do you have a working microphone which you can communicate with others?:
- Yes

Do you have Discord? If not are you willing to download it to communicate with the staff and community?:
- Yes, I am already a member of the discord server.

Rate your communication skills with players, 1 out of 10, and EXPLAIN. :
- Overall, I would rate my communications skills as a solid 9/10. I believe that I have the ability to communicate in a clear, respectful, but yet still entertaining manner. I am able to develop lasting relations through my unique communications style but still manage to get my message across in a clear way. The only reason that I am only giving myself 9/10 is that I believe everyone always has room to improve.

Server Questions
How long have you been playing on the server?:
- I would estimate around a solid 22 - 23 hours of gameplay on the server. I'm not sure how to check the actual time I played on this server.

Have you donated to the server? If so include what you donated for. :
- Yes, I was able to scrounge up enough to get VIP+

What is something you personally would like to achieve on the server?:
- Personally, I would like to make enough money to get VIP+ through nothing more than in-game cash. I remember Diablo saying it was somewhere around 25 mil, so 25 mil is my goal.

What is more important, the Administrators or the players? EXPLAIN your decision. :
- The players are more important than the Administrators. A server like sinful is reliant on a strong player base with a good admin backing. If a server doesn't have a strong player base, then the server is not truly the best that it could be. The administration team is by definition a support team. They are there to support and keep the player base at the absolute best it can be.

What is your favorite part of the server?:
- The community. I have made so many friends so far, and I look forward to making many more. All of my good experiences so far on the server are because of the members of the community in some form or fashion.

In-Depth Questions
What rank are you applying for?

Have you applied for this rank before?:
- No

Why do you want to be a staff member? Explain in 150 words or more. :
- The reason I am applying for the role of moderator is to be able to help shape and mold the server into the best form it can possibly be. A server needs a strong player base backed by a strong staff team to truly be at its best. I believe I have the skills and mindset to truly be both a valuable member of the staff team and, more importantly, be a strong support person to the players of the server. I want to be able to know that I helped build a great community, and also to know that I helped make someone's day a little better by helping them out. To sum it all up, I want to be a staff member simply to make sure others have the same great experiences I have had so far, and that they can get the same level of support and help that I have received from the current team.

Why do you deserve this rank?:
- I believe I deserve the rank because I have the necessary skills and motivation to truly be a great staff member, and I've always tried to follow the rules to the best of my ability.

What makes you different than the other staff members currently on the server?:
- I believe my attitude towards situations helps differentiate me from the rest of the team. I always try to find the humor and fun in any situation, and I seem to pass that along to people I interact with. I never truly get mad at anyone and I believe that will help me out as a staff member.

Name three values do you think a staff member should possess and EXPLAIN. :
- Every staff member should have two basic values/abilities:
* The ability to think objectively:
- Every staff member should be able to throw any personal vendettas they may have out the window when switching to staff mode. Evidence always trump feelings. A staff member needs to be able to operate off of only the evidence they are presented and not on the past interactions they may have had with the individual.

* Be able to keep a cool temper:
- Trolls will be trolls, and their main goal is to make you mad. If you aren't able to keep a cool temper through sits, or even just in RP situations, you will make irrational decisions based off of feelings and not solid evidence. Because of this, a staff member always needs to keep a cool temper when dealing with anyone or anything.

What can you contribute to the server?:
- My unique personality. My unique personality and way of handling situations allow me to have almost anything thrown at me. I believe because of this, I will be a very strong and unbiased enforcer of the rules.

Why should you be chosen over another applicant?:
- I believe my experience and in-depth knowledge of the ulx systems gives me a competitive edge over other applicants. The skills I have will allow me to seamlessly jump into the role and instantly start helping out the community.

Can you name the main body of the staff team? Include Owners, Managers, Super Admins, Admins, and Mods.
- The two head honchos: Diablo and Mason
- Head admin: ccs904
- Dev: Smart like my shoe

Important Information
List your recommendations from the staff team:
- I don't have any written recommendations from the staff team currently.

What experience with moderating a server have you had in the past? EXPLAIN in detail. :
- I've had a few experiences moderating servers in the past. I have held the position of Admin on, a now defunct, darkRP server. I also had the role of Head Moderator on another darkRP server, Epix gaming community.

- My time as Admin was sadly fairly short lived due to the sale of the server. The new owner wanted to create his own staff team and demoted all of the current staff members. During my time, however, I never had any real problems and had a great time monitoring and helping out the community.

- My time on Epix was so of the best fun I have had in a while. The staff was great and the community was great. This was where I gained most of my experience with moderating and was actually placed in charge of the moderator team. I sadly had to leave Epix due to time restrictions where I didn't feel that I was giving the server what it deserved.

How familiar are you with the commands needed to be used to moderate on the server?:
- I am very familiar with the ulx commands

Required Questions
Do you agree to follow all rules on the server while being a moderator, and enforce them when necessary?:
- yes

Are you able to contribute enough time to the Sinful RP Servers, Forums, and Discord?:
- yes

Are you able to help anyone who is in need of assistance while on the server or forums?:
- yes

Do you agree not to ask a staff member to review your application, to accept or deny your application, and/or to give you unfair advantages?:
- yes

Optional
- Just want to include that I have experience in almost every field of server management. From light dev experience to owner like management, I have done most of it.

Last edited:

Bruticus

Staff member
Jun 28, 2018
Rp_downtown_v4c
Well since it looks like you actually had put time and effort in this app, I'll look more into this.
--Things I liked/approved of--
1. Your response to Rate your communication skills was very professional for a staff app.
2. Your response to What is more important, the Administrators or the players? EXPLAIN your decision was very clear. It was as almost you were saying the players are the majority of the human body, but the staff team is the backbone of it.
3. Loved how you stated that your favorite part was the community because you made friends with a lot of the players. We are looking for staff that have a strong bond with the community plus are social with the players within it.
4. You've achieved Plus Ultra with your 150 word count. Your reasoning for being staff reminded me of an old moderator that we had, and he was one of the best we had for the short time he was around with us.
5. Your Name three values do you think a staff member should possess and EXPLAIN. were pretty solid.
6. Your previous experiences with being staff on multiple other servers.
--Things I disliked/disagree on--
1. While you might be a member on the discord, you don't socialize with the rest of us in the discord voice channels, but that's one of my pet peeves and so is Diablo's.
2. You have just barely over the minimum hours required on the server. While it does say 20 hours, we really appreciate it when people apply for staff and have around 30-40 hours on the server as it shows they truly took their time to interact with our community/play on the server.
3. You contradict yourself with your response "
Yes, I was able to scrounge up enough to get VIP+" and "Personally, I would like to make enough money to get VIP+ through nothing more than in-game cash"
4. We aren't that serious of a community, so this response felt like you were trying to brag to us - I believe my experience and in-depth knowledge of the ulx systems gives me a competitive edge over other applicants. The skills I have will allow me to seamlessly jump into the role and instantly start helping out the community.
5. Lastly, you didn't list off our head admins or moderators.

Overall---- Sure, why not. Just don't get too serious when being a moderator (Even though you did say you try to find the humor in everything) I'd still warn you to not get too serious.
P.M Mason to get started.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.